Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Zoe the bad dog destroyed my washcloth :P

I am (was) making the flower washcloth from Weekend Knitting. I did all the petals and about ten rounds in the middle. Then she grabbed it and pranced around the house with it. About 4 stitches came off the needles and were turning into little ladder stitches. Not much of a problem, just fix with a crochet hook, right? WRONG!! I tried fixing it like that and then the end of the yarn was attatched to the first stitch on the right needle, but then looped over and was attatched to about the tenth stitch on the left needle. I tried many ways to fix it but NNOOOOOO.... it just had to get even worse. I tried inserting my needle into a different row farther down. It worked, until the end, when alot more of those loopy things appeared. I thought the stitches between the loopies were not knitted enough, but I couldn't fix it. So I had to rip the whole thing out and start over. Since you knit the petals seperately and then break the yarn and knit a new one, I ended up with one big ball of yarn and 4 little ones. *Sigh*....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home